EASY RED WHITE AND BLUE ANGEL FOOD CAKE
For full cooking details - https://www.seededatthetable.com/easy-red-white-and-blue-angel-food-cake/
Author: Nikki Gladd
This layered cake is an easy red, white and blue dessert you can make quickly with a store-bought angel food cake. The filling is simply a mixture of strawberries, mini marshmallows and Cool Whip then sprinkled with blueberries. You will love this light and fluffy angel cake!
Prep Time 15 mins
Chill Time 2 hrs
Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
Course: Cake, Dessert
Keyword: Angel Food Cake, easy 4th of july dessert, Layered cake, red white and blue cake
Servings: 10 servings Calories: 189kcal
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , washed, dried, hulled and diced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed in fridge
- 2 cups fresh blueberries , washed and dried
- 1 angel food cake (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- additional strawberries for top garnish , sliced
In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Let rest 10 minutes then lightly mash. (Alternatively, mash strawberries without sugar.) Fold in the Cool Whip; set aside.
Remove cake from package and invert onto serving platter. Use a large serrated knife to slice cake in three layers. Remove top two layers and spread a layer of strawberry mixture over bottom layer of cake. Sprinkle with one-third of the blueberries. Top with middle cake layer and spread more mixture and one-third blueberries on second layer. Place remaining cake layer on top.
Fold marshmallows into remaining strawberry mixture in bowl. Evenly spread over outer edges of cake until fully covered. Top with additional slices of strawberries and the remaining blueberries. Optional: garnish with mint leaves.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving so the marshmallows have time to soak in the juices. Slice and serve cold.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only.
- For cleaner presentation, slide pieces of wax paper under edges of cake while filling and frosting, then remove when done.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg