DO I NEED A PERMIT?
It important to you as a home owner to make sure your property complies with applicable zoning and health laws and that you have a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) if local regulations require one.
Here are a few of questions to help you better understand exactly what you need to know about your home to make sure you will be able to convey marketable title. Other issues may apply.
- When was my home built?
- What permits were required at the time? Were they obtained?
- Was the house built in accordance with the permits?
- Was a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) required? Was it obtained?
- Is there a septic system? Was it certified? Did it need to be?
- If there were not applicable zoning or health regulations at the time the house was built, were any changes made to my property after any such ordinances went in affect?
- If a room was added, was a permit applied for and granted?
- Did any previous owner or I add a bedroom without a permit?
- Was a state subdivision permit ever necessary for my parcel? Was it obtained?
- Were state land use permits necessary? Were they obtained?
- Were permits required for a driveway or curb?
- Can I produce, or obtain, all the necessary permits relating to my home and evidence of CO if my town has such ordinances?
- Do I know the significance of signing a warranty deed to transfer title to my property?
It is highly recommended that you immediately contact your attorney to verify that you have marketable title.
Westford – Single Family home listings and closings decreased from 2020 to 2021. There were no condo listings or sales in 2021 and only 1 in 2020. There was a modest median price change with single family homes increasing from $370,000 in 2020 to $408,500 in 2021, a 10.4% increase. The condo sale in 202 was a price of $220,000.
Underhill – Single Family home listings and closings decreased from 2020 to 2021. There were no condo listings or sales in 2020 or 2021. There was an increase in median prices with single family homes increasing from $359,900 in 2020 to $450,000 in 2021, a 25% increase.