With November being the month of gratitude I wanted to express how grateful I am for my family and friends. I was grateful to be able to spend time with my parents and son on their boat this summer, being out in the fresh air and sharing something we all love to do. With Covid and my son’s love of cooking I am grateful for the time he has taken to teach me how to cook indoors and on his Blackstone Grill. I am not much of a cook but I can bake! So I thought I would share a new recipe I found while locked in the house this past winter that my family has found a true love for, Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake! It is divine and you won’t be able to stop with just one piece! ~Shannon
Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe for the serious chocolate lover! Decadent chocolate cake infused with sweetened condensed milk chocolate ganache mixture, covered with marshmallow whipped cream and more chocolate ganache swirled on top
- 15.25 oz box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
MARSHMALLOW WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 oz. (about 2 cups) marshmallow fluff
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE SWIRLS:
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Bake cake according to box directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Using a handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the warm cake. Set aside to cool slightly and make the filling.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth, microwaving more, if needed to melt the chocolate completely. The mixture should be pourable but not too runny. If it’s too thick, reheat it. If it’s too thin, set aside to cool and thick slightly. Transfer the mixture in a measuring jug and pour in the holes. Spread remaining chocolate on top. Set aside to cool, about an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- To make the topping, whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar, and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Gradually mix in marshmallow fluff. Spread the topping over cooled cake.
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips with 3 Tablespoons heavy cream until smooth. Transfer the mixture in a zip-lock bag, cut off the corner and pipe the chocolate ganache all over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to create a more marbleized pattern of swirls.