Blog :: 2015
Winter Break starts next week for most families, do you have plans?
If not here are a few ideas we've put together to help you out!
We hope you find them helpful!
Don’t Wait—Beat the Crowds and Buy This Winter
Here is a great article written By Jonathan Smoke
Jonathan Smoke is the chief economist of realtor.com, where he analyzes real estate data and trends to develop market insights for the consumer.
This beautiful home offers many surprises!
Click here to see more!
Media Contact: Chris Saunders, Hunter Education Coordinator, (802) 343-5487
Tips for Youth Deer Hunting Weekend, Nov. 7-8
A first deer hunt can mark the beginning of a lifelong passion for the outdoors and a commitment to wildlife conservation.
To make the most of the upcoming youth deer hunting weekend on November 7 and 8, the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department offers these tips for the adult who is mentoring a young hunter:
* Practice. Your hunting rifle might not be appropriate for a young hunter. No matter what firearm is selected, make sure they practice handling and shooting.
* Hunt Safe. Hunting is one the safest outdoor activities, and youth hunters are some of our safest hunters when accompanied by an alert mentor.
* Hunt Smart. Scouting is an essential and exciting ingredient to any successful hunt.
Model Behavior. Responsible hunters are mentored by responsible hunters.
* Go often. Lifelong hunting participation is directly related to the amount of time spent hunting in youth, especially when these experiences occur in a family or mentor setting.
* Respect the Intent: The youth weekend hunt is for the youth, not you. Legally, you must leave your firearm at home, and landowner permission is required.
* Have Fun! Being with family and friends and generally having a good time is more important to youth hunters than bagging game. Don't push them, particularly if the weather is bad. Young hunters need positive reinforcement.
For more information, check out the Youth Hunting section of Fish & Wildlife's website (www.vtfishandwildlife.com).
And, see regulations for youth deer hunting weekend on page 27 of the 2015 Hunting, Fishing and Trapping LAWS and GUIDE, available where licenses are sold.
We wish all the youth's out hunting this weekend a safe hunting trip and lots of luck!
- older posts
- newer posts