Forecast Says Potential for 10”-20” of Snow Thur/Fri
Remember to clear around your FURNACE VENTS, drains and fire hydrants when clearing your drive and walkways.
Also, please follow these safety tips!
National Safety Council recommends the following tips to shovel safely:
* Do not shovel after eating or while smoking
* Take it slow and stretch out before you begin
* Shovel only fresh, powdery snow; it's lighter
* Push the snow rather than lifting it
* If you do lift it, use a small shovel or only partially fill the shovel
* Lift with your legs, not your back
* Do not work to the point of exhaustion
Don't pick up that shovel without a doctor's permission if you have a history of heart disease. If you feel tightness in the chest or dizziness,
stop immediately. A clear driveway is not worth your life.
Snow Blower Safety
Be safe with these tips from the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons:
* If the blower jams, turn it off
* Keep your hands away from the moving parts
* Do not drink alcohol and use the snow blower
* Be aware of the carbon monoxide risk of running a snow blower in an enclosed space
* Refuel your snow blower when it is off, never when it is running