Apple Picking Tips!
1. FIND AN ORCHARD - Click HERE to visit our Blog for a direct link to the Vermont Tree Fruit Growers Assoc website for a list & links to Vermont orchards and cider producers.
2. APPLE RIPENING - Apples on the outside of the tree ripen before apples on the inside and apples Do Not continue to ripen once picked.
3. HOW TO PICK - Roll the apple upwards off the branch and give it a little twist, Do Not pull straight away from the tree. Also Do Not shake the branch or tree.
4. HANDLE WITH CARE - Try not to bruise, as the apple will go bad more quickly.
5. CLEANING - Wait and wash apples just before using.
6. STORAGE - Store apples in a cool dark place. If possible store in the refrigerator in their own drawer. If storing in the basement or root cellar, Do Not store with potatoes.