What to do with all those fresh Veggies? Try this!
These caramelized low-histamine vegetables pack a powerful punch of palate-pleasing flavor.
Recipe and photo by Shawna Coronado| July/August 2019
· Vegetables of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
· Olive oil
· Dried herb seasonings, such as Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning, to taste
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with dried herbs, salt, and pepper, and toss well.
4. Transfer vegetables to the baking sheet, and roast according to the chart at right.
5. Serve immediately, or freeze for up to 1 month. Add to soups and smoothies.
Roasting time for vegetables varies depending on the vegetable and how done you prefer them, but follow these general guidelines for vegetables cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked at 425° F.
Cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage):
15 to 30 minutes
Onions: 30 to 45 minutes
Root vegetables: 45 minutes
Summer squash: 15 to 20 minutes
Winter squash: 30 to 60 minutes
Other vegetables: 10 to 25 minutes