Vermont winters provide us with many fun and adventurous outdoor activities.
* Skiing –Probably one of the first things people think of. We have several ski areas, most offering more than just downhill, there is cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and many other activities available at these areas.
Check out https://skivermont.com/ for a place to start exploring your options.
* Ice Skating— Some towns offer an outside rink and there is always Lake Champlain, but if you are looking for an indoor option with a little more groomed ice check out
* Sledding—Want to find out where the best places to go sledding are?
for “The Kids VT guide to some of Vermont's best sledding spots by Ken Picard”.
* Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides - Take a trip back in time and enjoy the way people used to travel in winter along with the fresh air and beautiful scenery.
* Dog Sledding - Are you a dog lover? What a wonderful opportunity to have fun and learn about this special breed and sport. Check out Vermont Outdoor Guide
Association website’s dog sledding page http://www.voga.org/dog_sledding.htm.
* Snowmobiling— You don’t have to own a snow machine to enjoy this sport.
Visit https://www.snowmobilevermont.com/ to find
“Your guide for snowmobile tours In Vermont!”.
Wishing you a fun, safe
and adventurous February Vacation.